- December 31, 2020ADF attorneys represent By The Hand Club For Kids
- December 31, 2020The following quote may be attributed to Alliance Defending Freedom Senior Counsel Jeremiah Galus regarding the Illinois Appellate Court’s ruling Wednesday that the Illinois Department of Employment Security can’t assess unemployment compensation taxes to By The Hand Club For Kids, a ministry of The Moody Church that provides assistance to underprivileged children: “By The Hand’s afterschool ministry to needy schoolchildren is directly motivated by its Christian faith and convictions. For years, the Illinois government agency has insisted on taxing By The Hand, a religious non-profit ministry ...
- December 23, 2020The following quote may be attributed to Alliance Defending Freedom Senior Counsel Ryan Tucker, director of ADF’s Center for Christian Ministries regarding Washington Gov. Jay Inslee’s COVID-19 order updated Tuesday that lifted the hard cap of 200 people for churches and other religious gatherings: “Gov. Inslee has finally acknowledged that even during this difficult time, the First Amendment cannot be put away and forgotten. As the Supreme Court recently affirmed, the Constitution doesn’t allow government officials to treat religious Americans like second-class citizens. There is no ...
- December 23, 2020Washington governor sued over COVID-19 order that allows secular gatherings, restricts churches
- December 21, 2020The ADF Legal Academy seamlessly combines outstanding legal training with an unwavering commitment to Christian principles. At the Academy, you’ll engage with renowned faculty, receive specific resources and opportunities to engage in ADF-related issues, and join in inspiring worship and devotions each day.
- December 18, 2020Defending the rights of business professionals to live their faith in the workplace.
- December 17, 2020Over 40 Virginia faith leaders sign open letter citing serious concerns about ‘Virginia Values’ Act
- December 17, 2020Alliance Defending Freedom attorneys represent two churches, three schools, and a pregnancy center network in challenge to a Virginia law
- December 16, 2020The following quote may be attributed to Alliance Defending Freedom Legal Counsel Elissa Graves regarding Wednesday’s announcement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights regarding enforcement of federal conscience laws and its decision to disallow $200 million in federal Medicaid funds going to California in the upcoming quarter due to the California Department of Managed Health Care’s decision to illegally mandate that all healthcare plans cover elective abortions: “Churches should be free to operate according to their faith without being threatened by the ...
- December 15, 2020“This is a significant win. There is no constitutional right to gamble, but there is one that protects attending worship services..."