Everyone says they want to change the world.
We're looking for people who actually will.
What is it like working for us?
At Alliance Defending Freedom, you can use your unique abilities and skills to make a lasting impact while being a part of a professional and collaborative environment.
We value who you are and strive to ensure your continued growth and development. If you’re looking for a career where you can glorify God and make a difference in our world as part of a Christian organization, join our mission to ensure that true freedom can flourish.
Want to change the world?
Review our open positions, and please read our Statement of Faith and Guiding Principles.
Alliance Defending Freedom
Interested in career opportunities in the United States?View Open Positions
Interested in career opportunities with our global partners ADF International?Learn More
Lawyer Fellowships & Internships
Interested in a fellowship or internship opportunity?Learn More
Our Team Members Are the Best in the Business
- Alliance Defending Freedom has played various roles in 60 U.S. Supreme Court victories.
- Since 2011, ADF has represented parties in 12 victories at the U.S. Supreme Court.
- In 2018, Empirical SCOTUS ranked ADF first among “the top performing firms” litigating First Amendment cases in its “Supreme Court All Stars 2013-2017.”1
- ADF’s attorneys, either during their time at ADF or in previous roles, have argued 18 cases before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- 44% of attorneys have held federal clerkships—including at the U.S. Supreme Court and nine of the 12 U.S. Courts of Appeals—or clerkships at state supreme courts. ADF has more former clerks as a percentage of total attorneys than some of the largest and most respected law firms in the country.
- 42% of attorneys graduated from the top 25 law schools in the United States.2
- Nearly 20% of attorneys have held positions at the most prestigious law firms in the country.3
- 36% of attorneys have held positions in federal or state government, including influential positions at the U.S. Department of Justice and the highest levels of state attorneys general offices.
Examples include attorneys who served as the solicitor general (i.e., the top appellate advocate on behalf of a state) of the state of Michigan, deputy first assistant attorney general (the second-highest ranking staff member) in the Office of the Texas Attorney General, and counsel to a former attorney general of the United States. By recruiting attorneys from federal and state government, ADF exponentially increases its reach—these excellent attorneys not only engage in ADF’s direct legal advocacy efforts, but they help ADF capitalize on relationships built during their time in government so that ADF develops more effective relationships with federal and state partners. For example, ADF often partners with friendly state attorney general offices, which may file amicus briefs supporting ADF’s cases in the U.S. Supreme Court or U.S. Courts of Appeals.
1 Adam Feldman, Supreme Court All-Stars 2013–2017 (Sept. 13, 2018), Empirical SCOTUS, https://empiricalscotus.com/2018/09/13/supreme-court-all-stars-2013-2017/.
2 2021 Best Law Schools, U.S. News & World Report, https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-law-schools/law-rankings.
3 2021 Vault Law 100, Vault, https://www.vault.com/best-companies-to-work-for/law/top-100-law-firms-rankings; 2021 Vault Most Selective Midsize Law Firms, Vault, https://www.vault.com/best-companies-to-work-for/law/best-midsize-law-firms-to-work-for/selectivity; 2021 Vault Best Litigation Boutique Law Firms, Vault, https://www.vault.com/best-companies-to-work-for/law/best-law-firms-in-each-practice-area/litigation-boutiques.
Team Member Benefits
Alliance Defending Freedom offers a wide range of programs to help you manage your and your family’s health and wellness, financial security, and quality of life. Whether you are single, married, raising a family, or nearing retirement, we have a host of benefits and programs designed to meet your needs.
Benefits for Full-Time Team Members:
- Medical Insurance Plans through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Generous Company Match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Ten Paid Holidays per Year
- Maternity, Paternity, and Adoption Leave Benefits
- Group Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance for Dependents
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Plans