Check out the latest information and resources to help you navigate these challenging times
As the world weathers the challenges of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, you’ve likely experienced drastic changes to your daily life. The resources below will keep you updated in the midst of this ever-changing climate and help you navigate these unique challenges. Please be sure to check back here often as we respond to the latest news with additional and updated resources.
What You Need to Know
Watch the Video
What ADF Is Doing About It
Since the start of the outbreak, as officials attempt to stop the spread of COVID-19, some have overstepped their authority. At times, these officials quickly course-correct after learning the unintended consequences of their orders. Some have taken prodding from ADF letters to set the record—and the law—straight. Others continue to violate the First Amendment, particularly when it comes to regulations placed on churches and other ministries.
Religious Freedom Defended
Click on the pins to learn more about how ADF is defending freedom across the country.
As a church or ministry leader, you may know why you’re leading at this time in history, but you may not know how. The resources below will help empower you to safely and legally serve those in your care.
COVID-19 Reopening Resource
Considerations for ministries during the COVID-19 crisis
How the Supreme Court’s 2020 Ruling in Calvary Chapel Dayton Valley Affects Churches and Ministries
Church, Covid, and Constitutional Rights Defending Churches During a Pandemic
Scroll down to the “Dig Deeper” section for information specifically on the CARES Act.
Latest on the ADF Blog:
- Washington State Treats Churches Worse Than Breweries and Cannabis Retailers
- Will President Biden Push for More Unconstitutional Restrictions on Churches?
- The Supreme Court Halted Unfair COVID Restrictions in NY—That’s Good News for Calvary Chapel
- Nevada’s COVID Restrictions Favor Gambling Over Worshipping
- Supreme Court Has Second Chance to Stop Nevada From Treating Casinos Better Than Churches
- Casinos Are Open, But Churches Are Closed?
- David Benham was Arrested for Exercising His First Amendment Rights
- Great News! 9th Circuit Rules in favor of Nevada Churches
- What Justice Gorsuch Had to Say About California’s COVID Ban on Indoor Church Services
In the News:
- How Does the Coronavirus Impact the Supreme Court?
- The Southern Poverty Law Center and Yesterday's Wars
- A Few Encouraging Updates from the White House on COVID-19
- Sorry, Mayor, You Can’t Close Churches Permanently: De Blasio’s wild overreaction to houses of worship that buck social distancing
- The COVID-19 Response Affirms the Dignity of the Sick and Elderly
- Coronavirus in Mississippi: Justice Department takes church's side in 1st Amendment lawsuit
- Mayor: Drive-in church, with windows up, OK during pandemic
- COVID-19 and Churches: What you need to know
- CARES Act & Churches: What you need to know during this time
- Faith in a Time of Crisis: Addressing the CARES Act and other ministry questions amidst COVID-19