- December 1, 2023The following quote may be attributed to Alliance Defending Freedom CEO, President, and General Counsel Kristen Waggoner regarding the passing of retired U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor: “On behalf of all of us at Alliance Defending Freedom, I wish to extend our condolences to the family, friends, and colleagues of Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor. As the first woman appointed to the Supreme Court of the United States, Justice O’Connor was a pioneer and role model for many women in the legal profession and beyond. While her jurisprudence may have sparked disagreement at ...
- November 30, 2023ADF attorneys represent Cedar Park Church in second appeal at 9th Circuit
- November 30, 2023ADF attorneys representing Obria Group, Obria Medical Groups PNW sue state official for unconstitutional investigation into records, materials
- November 29, 2023The following quote may be attributed to Alliance Defending Freedom Senior Counsel Matt Bowman , director of regulatory practice, regarding a public comment ADF attorneys submitted Wednesday to the Office of Management and Budget. The public comment urges the agency to eliminate language in a proposed guidance for grants that would harm faith-based recipients of federal programs and to restore language that specifically protects free speech and religious liberty: “Ejecting faith-based groups from programs such as foster care and adoption will lead to fewer children served. Yet that is exactly ...
- November 28, 2023Friend-of-the-court briefs filed with U.S. Supreme Court reinforce importance of allowing emergency room doctors to preserve life
- November 28, 2023The following quote may be attributed to Alliance Defending Freedom Vice President of Litigation Strategy and Center for Conscience Initiatives Jonathan Scruggs regarding a formal comment ADF attorneys submitted Monday with the U.S. Administration for Children and Families, a division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, urging it to withdraw a proposed rule that will deter families from fostering children and will make it harder to place children with capable, loving parents: “Vulnerable children in America’s foster care system are urgently in need of loving families to care ...
- November 22, 2023ADF attorneys representing Cedar Park Church file opening brief with federal appeals court
- November 22, 2023Christian, Jewish, Islamic groups rally in favor of Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish, academy challenging state’s discriminatory law
- November 21, 2023Because of its religious beliefs, state denies Mid Vermont Christian School publicly available funding, opportunity to compete in state-run sports
- November 21, 2023ADF attorneys represent Statewide Virtual Charter School Board