Based on our adherence to the inspired, infallible, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God in Scripture, we profess with the Christian Church throughout time and around the world the faith expressed in the Apostles’ Creed:
I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
On the third day he rose again;
he ascended into heaven,
he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
and he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting.
Alliance Defending Freedom Doctrinal Distinctives:
Also, based on this confession, we are committed to honoring God by obeying the two Greatest Commandments, loving God and loving neighbor, and based on that commitment and derived from the inspired, infallible, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God in Scripture, we profess the following as necessary for living the gospel:
- We believe in the spiritual unity and equality of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Lordship of Christ requires us as disciples to seek to conform our actions, thoughts, and desires in obedience to Him.
- We believe God creates each person with an immutable biological sex — male or female — that reflects the image and likeness of God.
- We believe God designed marriage as a unique conjugal relationship joining one man and one woman in a single, exclusive, life-long union, and God intends sexual intimacy to occur within that relationship.
- We believe God endows all human life with inherent dignity, and it must be respected and protected from conception to natural death.
- We believe that God has endowed all humans with the natural, pre-political, and inalienable right of religious freedom to believe, pursue truth, and live within ordered liberty such that no political government may justly infringe upon it.
- We believe that God, through His Son, Jesus Christ, calls all of us to deny ourselves, take up our cross, and follow Him and that, in exchange, He promises us abundant life.