Sign the Promise to America's Parents!
Parental rights are fundamental rights that are protected by the U.S. Constitution. The United States Supreme Court has recognized that parents have the right to direct the care, upbringing, and education of their children. Government policies should support parents as they fulfill these duties to their children. However, new government policies are imposing divisive ideologies in education and politicizing medical care for children who are emotionally distressed about their bodies. These policies undermine the rights of parents. To guarantee parental rights, laws should ensure government Accountability, Choice, and Transparency. This is our Promise:
Promise to America's Parents
We will ensure that every mother or father may hold the government accountable.
- Courts should apply the strictest level of judicial review to any government policy that infringes on parental rights. The government bears the burden of proof to demonstrate that such a policy is justified by a compelling interest and that it cannot be tailored more narrowly or achieved through less restrictive manner.
We will empower every mother or father to exercise their responsibility and right to choose the education and medical treatment that they deem best for their child.
- Every mother or father should be able to choose a school that aligns with their values.
- Every mother or father has the right to determine (including through opt-ins and opt-outs) what instruction their child receives.
- Every mother or father should be able to choose medical treatments for their child without facing political or ideological litmus tests.
- Every mother or father has the right to give or deny consent for medical treatment of their child.
We will empower every mother or father by ensuring that schools and medical providers are transparent.
- Every mother or father has the right to know what their child is being taught.
- Every mother or father should be informed by schools about their child’s physical, emotional, and mental health.
- Every mother or father has the right to safeguard their child’s personal information in school.
- Every mother or father has the right to access records about their child unless the parent is the subject of a criminal investigation.
- Every mother or father has the right to be notified by school employees, medical professionals and/or government employees if there is a reasonable suspicion of harm, including criminal activity, to their child, unless an official investigation would be impeded.