- September 30, 2020The following quote may be attributed to Alliance Defending Freedom Senior Counsel and Vice President of U.S. Litigation David Cortman regarding Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak’s new guidance that allows churches to hold gatherings of 250 people or 50% capacity, whichever is less, while still allowing casinos to operate at 50% capacity without a hard cap on the number of casino goers: “The First Amendment requires churches not be treated like second-class citizens. Even with the governor’s new order allowing churches to gather in greater numbers, the problem remains: There is still a hard cap on ...
- September 30, 2020Highly diverse array of groups file friend-of-the-court briefs in favor of two former Georgia Gwinnett College students
- September 29, 2020WILL, ADF attorneys represent multiple families in ongoing lawsuit
- September 29, 2020WILL and ADF attorneys challenge a school district policy instructing employees to lie to parents.
- September 29, 2020University of Minnesota sued for banishing conservative event to inadequate venue
- September 29, 2020ADF attorneys appeal lower court decision that denied justice to students censored by university
- September 29, 2020Christian photographer, various ministries challenge new state law forcing them to violate core convictions in speaking, hiring, health insurance, other policies
- September 28, 2020State officials provide tuition vouchers for students who select public or private secular schools but not private religious schools
- September 26, 2020The following quote may be attributed to Alliance Defending Freedom President and CEO Michael Farris regarding President Donald Trump’s nomination Saturday of Judge Amy Coney Barrett to fill the current vacancy on the U.S. Supreme Court: “Any nominee should be an originalist with a public record demonstrating deep commitment to protecting Americans’ constitutional freedoms, including religious freedom and free speech for all. Judge Barrett has an encouraging record of advocating for constitutional freedoms, and she deserves a fair and respectful confirmation process in the Senate ...
- September 25, 2020The following quote may be attributed to Alliance Defending Freedom Senior Counsel Denise Burke regarding President Donald Trump’s executive order Friday that enhances legal protections for those born prematurely and babies who survive abortions: “Every human life is valuable, and every single baby deserves to be protected. While we are disappointed that Congress has failed to provide adequate legal protection for babies who survive abortions, we commend the White House for taking action to protect these children. We’ve heard tragic stories from medical professionals about babies left to die ...