- October 17, 2017Since the beginning, the Stormans have run their business consistent with their Christian faith. That faith informs their decisions about their stores, from the way they interact with employees and their community, to their decision to not stock early abortifacient drugs, like the morning-after pill (Plan B) and ella in Ralph’s Thriftway’s pharmacy.
- October 17, 2017Pastor Clyde Reed wasn’t always a pastor. Up until the age of 40, he made a living as an engineer, but then something changed.
- October 17, 2017Kelvin Cochran dedicated over 30 years of his life to fighting fires and protecting the communities in which he's lived and worked.
- October 17, 2017June Sheldon was an adjunct professor at San José City College (SJCC). In the summer of 2007, she taught a Human Heredity course that explored the role of genetics in different disciplines like medicine and agriculture as well as an overview of the biology of human genetics.
- October 17, 2017A high schooler was denied the use of an auditorium for an event during lunch.
- October 17, 2017Justus Abramo was a first grade student in the Nazareth Area School District, and Valentine’s Day was right around the corner.
- October 17, 2017In the fall of 2008, Jonathan Lopez attended Los Angeles City College (LACC) and was enrolled in a speech class. During this same time California voters passed Proposition 8 which amended the state’s constitution to define marriage as a legal union between one man and one woman.
- October 17, 2017When Guadalupe Benitez came to Dr. Christine Brody and Dr. Douglas Fenton at the North Coast Women’s Care Medical Group for infertility treatments, the two Christian doctors explained that they had a policy based on their faith against artificially inseminating an unmarried woman.
- October 17, 2017As a counselor for the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Marcia counseled people of all backgrounds and situations, including individuals identifying as homosexual. But this situation was different; a client asked Marcia for help strengthening and repairing her lesbian relationship, a relationship that conflicted with Marcia’s faith.
- October 17, 2017Lily and David Stockton called their bakery “Just Cookies” for a reason – they really only make cookies. Imagine the couple’s surprise when they received an order for cupcakes.