The “Equality Act”: Designed to Discriminate
This dangerous proposed legislation threatens people of faith like you—act now!
President Biden has promised to sign the “Equality Act” into law during his first 100 days if given the chance. Now, with its recent passage in the House, the chances of the “Equality Act” being signed into law are higher than ever before.
The “Equality Act” would add “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” as protected classes to many existing federal nondiscrimination laws. And though “nondiscrimination” sounds good in theory, that is not what this bill is truly about.
The “Equality Act” is a deliberate and dangerous attempt to force people of faith to abandon their sincerely held beliefs or face punishment.
And if it becomes law, it could have grave consequences for people like you. The “Equality Act” could force:
- Churches to abandon their faith-based hiring standards.
- Example: A Catholic non-profit may be required to hire people who do not live out Catholic moral teachings.
- Religious schools to abandon their faith-based admission standards.
- Example: A Christian school may not be allowed to require students to sign a statement of faith or code of conduct.
- Women to share private spaces with men.
- Example: A local women’s shelter serving victims of sex trafficking could be forced to open up its private spaces to men.
- Female student athletes to compete against men.
- Example: Biological males who identify as female must be allowed to compete in women’s athletics.
- Millions of Christians, Muslims, Jews, and other people of faith to violate their religious views on marriage and sexuality morality—or pay the price.
- Example: Wedding photographers could be punished if they decline to use their talents to celebrate same-sex weddings.
Good laws respect our constitutional freedoms; they promote justice and fairness; they benefit society as a whole; and they support the common good—not just the interests of particular groups.
Bad laws create victims. They create chaos.
The “Equality Act” would be a bad law. And we must stand against it right now.
Take Action: Stand Against the “Equality Act” by Signing Your Name Below
It’s no secret that millions of Americans disagree on matters such as marriage and human sexuality. But disagreement is NOT discrimination. The “Equality Act” is nothing more than anti-religious hostility disguised as equality. America can do better. It MUST do better. That’s why people of faith across the country need to unite right now.
Sign your name to the statement below and join with others to stand against the deceptively named “Equality Act.”
- I stand against this deliberate attempt to force people of faith to promote messages and celebrate events that conflict with their sincere beliefs.
- I stand against this threat to the equal treatment of women and the foundational understanding of male and female in the law.
- I stand against the “Equality Act.”