You have the right to…
- Choose the school environment that best fits your child's needs, whether public school, charter school, private school, or homeschool.
- Depending upon where you live, opt your child out of curriculum that would force them to violate your family's religious beliefs.
- Depending upon where you live, review the curriculum and teaching materials for any of your child’s classes.
- Opt your child out of any extracurricular activity.
- Depending upon where you live, be notified if your child is enrolled in a course that includes sex ed, family planning, homosexual themes, diversity issues, or extreme violence.
- Access your child's record, including grades, disciplinary, and counseling proceedings.
- Remove your child on days of religious observance.
Depending upon where you live, receive the same tax credits and vouchers to attend religious schools available to attend non-religious schools.
For more information about your parental rights and how you can introduce legislation to protect your rights as a parent, visit TrueTolerance.org